19×19 & 18×19
18×19/19×19 is made from 19 strands and is a category 2 rotation-resistant rope. Six strands are laid around a core strand in one direction, then 12 strands are laid around this first operation in the opposite direction.
18×19/19×19 is tightly compacted with a smooth design which offers certain advantages, such as:
- More crush-resistance than a standard 19×7 rope while providing the same rotation-resistance.
- Higher strength-to-diameter due to compacted wires in the strands. With increased metallic area, it provides rope strengths equal to 6-strand XXIP IWRC ropes of the same diameter.
- Resistance to bending fatigue due to the uniformity of the wires within each strand. The strand’s outer surface is smooth, reducing contact pressures between the rope’s strands and radial pressures as it operates over sheaves and drums. This substantially cuts rope expense and extends service life.
- Exceptional stability due to the higher density strands coupled with the smooth outer surface.
- Improved handling, operating, and spooling characteristics.
- Reduced wear to sheaves and drums.
It’s used in single-part or multi-part hoist lines wherever you encounter spooling problems, drum crushing, block twisting, or have fast line speeds.
|Diameter in Inches||Approximate Wt./Ft. (Lbs)||Minimum Breaking Force (Tons of 2000lbs)|
*The minimum breaking force applies only when a test is conducted with both ends fixed. When in use, the minimum breaking force of these ropes may be significantly reduced if one end is free to rotate.
Pacific Gulf Wire Rope, Inc.
Corporate Address: 1504 Engineers Road
Belle Chasse, LA 70037
Phone: (504) 341-0066